The Translation of Information Architecture (TIA) Initiative is made up of an international group of IAs dedicated to translating articles on Information Architecture to and from a number of languages. View our TIA FAQ for more information.
In addition to translation of IA articles, we also have several language websites with localized content, such as news and events as well as general information about the Institute's programs and activities and a full listing of translated articles. We are also adding an Accessibility team to work on projects such as transcribing audio/video content for the hearing impaired and reviewing our web content for accessibility issues.
- statement of goals
- Leader: Janette Shew
- Board Sponsor: Andrea Resmini
- Volunteers: Current TIA Team Listing
- See listing in Basecamp
- We can also build a faceted list here (This will be more robust as the new member database is integrated with the wiki.)
- By Language
- By skill
- By role: author, reviewer, web developer
- Accessibility Team: add your name here
- Basecamp Page: https://ia-institute.basecamphq.com/projects/790748/log
- (We can post FAQs here as well)
- Old Translations project wiki, including resources and procedures from 2005 and earlier: [http://web.archive.org/web/20060112141505/iainstitute.org/projects/wiki/index.php?page=TranslationProject]
- Feel free to post online translation tools, translation guides and communities, etc. if you know some good ones.
- We are working on a possible alliance with the American Translation Association and the Association for Machine Translation in the Americas. Look for details soon.